BEST KILT HOSE SELECTION IN THE WORLD!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BEST KILT HOSE SELECTION IN THE WORLD!

Post  SkyeHighlandOutfitters on Sat 18 Jul 2009, 12:20 pm

Hey Gang-
Thats right-We have the best made and best selection of kilt hose in the world. Check us out-

http://www.skyehighlandoutfitters.com/Skye_Kilt_Hose.html

SkyeHighlandOutfitters

Male Number of posts : 32
Years experience : 20
Clever Quote : Watch your doublings
Registration date : 2009-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BEST KILT HOSE SELECTION IN THE WORLD!

Post  MurdoMac on Sat 18 Jul 2009, 7:51 pm

I certainly wouldn't use the word 'best' anywhere near your tartan stripe hose....they really are bouffing...... Very Happy
MurdoMac
Contributing Writer
Contributing Writer

Male Number of posts : 1647
Years experience : 30+
Clever Quote : they say that hard work never killed anyone....I say, why take a chance
Registration date : 2008-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jennymac on Sun 19 Jul 2009, 11:00 pm

MurdoMac wrote:I certainly wouldn't use the word 'best' anywhere near your tartan stripe hose....they really are bouffing...... Very Happy

rolling Come on, tell us what you really think Ron. rolling

I'm afraid striped hose or even castlated tops would never fit in with my personal fashion sense. shrug Is 'castlated' a real word?
jennymac
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Female Number of posts : 483
Years experience : 12 years all up
Clever Quote : I'm not that clever
Registration date : 2008-02-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  acadianpiper on Wed 22 Jul 2009, 4:18 am

jennymac wrote:Is 'castlated' a real word?

No, but "castellated" is. Seems to me, if he's going to sell it, he should find out how to spell it.

acadianpiper

Male Number of posts : 83
Years experience : 50+
Clever Quote :
Registration date : 2008-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MurdoMac on Wed 22 Jul 2009, 9:52 am

maybe he'll do the striped hose in blue, white and red............as long as he doesn't do them in green and white.... Very Happy
MurdoMac
Contributing Writer
Contributing Writer

Clever Quote : they say that hard work never killed anyone....I say, why take a chance

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SkyeHighlandOutfitters on Wed 22 Jul 2009, 11:20 am

Wait till you see the tartan striped hose we're doing for the California kilted pride assoc.!!! I'll make an extra pair for you if you'd like Ron.

SkyeHighlandOutfitters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Reid on Wed 22 Jul 2009, 1:09 pm

SkyeHighlandOutfitters wrote: I'll make an extra pair for you if you'd like Ron.

I think that's a great idea.
cheers

Reid
Contributing Writer
Contributing Writer

Male Number of posts : 1435
Years experience : 12ish
Clever Quote : Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
Registration date : 2008-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MurdoMac on Wed 22 Jul 2009, 10:15 pm

SkyeHighlandOutfitters wrote:Wait till you see the tartan striped hose we're doing for the California kilted pride assoc.!!! I'll make an extra pair for you if you'd like Ron.

LOL....good one.
Don't tell me....rainbows?
MurdoMac
Contributing Writer
Contributing Writer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Reid on Thu 23 Jul 2009, 9:10 am

MurdoMac wrote:
SkyeHighlandOutfitters wrote:Wait till you see the tartan striped hose we're doing for the California kilted pride assoc.!!! I'll make an extra pair for you if you'd like Ron.

LOL....good one.
Don't tell me....rainbows?

LOL, just beautiful. Of course we will need you to model them.

cheers affraid cheers

Reid
Contributing Writer
Contributing Writer

Male Number of posts : 1435
Years experience : 12ish
Clever Quote : Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
Registration date : 2008-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  REDNECK on Wed 29 Jul 2009, 4:55 am

The knot-work cable hose 'n Argyll hose maybe, but surely this is a wind up.........pure boke.
REDNECK
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Male Number of posts : 1547
Years experience : 40+
Clever Quote : Who me????????????????
Registration date : 2008-03-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SkyeHighlandOutfitters on Wed 29 Jul 2009, 5:36 pm

Hey Redneck-
No wind up-Sorry you think the rest are.....what was it you said-boke (Had to look that one up-Thats pretty harsh). Glad you like the Argylls though.

SkyeHighlandOutfitters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MurdoMac on Wed 29 Jul 2009, 9:34 pm

You're doing good Josh.......but how do you get these prices without going to Pakistan?
MurdoMac
Contributing Writer
Contributing Writer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  REDNECK on Thu 30 Jul 2009, 5:10 am

SkyeHighlandOutfitters wrote:Hey Redneck-
No wind up-Sorry you think the rest are.....what was it you said-boke (Had to look that one up-Thats pretty harsh). Glad you like the Argylls though.

Not harsh m8, am sure the quality is good enough........when it comes to things like this am a bit of a traditionalist.

Not a personal attack on you, sorry if I offended you. The socks are a bit OTT, but am sure someone will purchase 'em.

Can remember wearing the Argyll socks in the early days of the RAMS, then we went all sexy 'n got white hose lol, very adventurous.

Coloured socks are about my limit, but good luck anyhow.

BTW, the cable Hose are smart as feck. Better than the plain leg and popcorn look on the turn down.
REDNECK
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Male Number of posts : 1547
Years experience : 40+
Clever Quote : Who me????????????????
Registration date : 2008-03-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SkyeHighlandOutfitters on Thu 30 Jul 2009, 5:55 pm

Thanks for that Redneck-I understand. I found someone here in the states that did something completely different, and I was able to talk them into kilt hose. I really feel like I wanted to counter all the shite (Can I say that on this forum?) thats out there, as well as the boring stuff, and bring in something old/something new. Time will tell...I quit a very good job with Apple computer to do this business, and I'm hoping that as highland attire seems to be getting popular, I'll draw in newbies, as well as others who are willing to support us as a quality supplier. Technically I've not made one cent, but I hope that by years end, people will recognize us as a contender. I welcome all critique as well, so no worries about my feelings-I really want this to work! Enough rant...

Last edited by SkyeHighlandOutfitters on Thu 30 Jul 2009, 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

SkyeHighlandOutfitters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SkyeHighlandOutfitters on Thu 30 Jul 2009, 6:01 pm

And one more thing....About going to Pakistan suppliers-I will NEVER spend money in a country that harbors terrorist (The taliban and al-queda are based there now in the NW frontier). A 10$ sporran is not worth it if even 1 cent went into buying ball bearings or detnators that could be used to kill our troops, or innocent people. Hope that squashes that!

SkyeHighlandOutfitters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MurdoMac on Thu 30 Jul 2009, 9:17 pm

......does that include the USA refusing to return the alleged Uyger terrorists back to China? whistle
MurdoMac
Contributing Writer
Contributing Writer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SkyeHighlandOutfitters on Thu 30 Jul 2009, 9:50 pm

If I'm not mistaken, America is doing this in bequest of the Uygars in fear that if they ARE returned, they'll be executed in China. So no, this does not include America since we only IMPRISON terrorist, not provide them safe harbor.

SkyeHighlandOutfitters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jennymac on Thu 30 Jul 2009, 11:04 pm

SkyeHighlandOutfitters wrote:And one more thing....About going to Pakistan suppliers-I will NEVER spend money in a country that harbors terrorist (The taliban and al-queda are based there now in the NW frontier). A 10$ sporran is not worth it if even 1 cent went into buying ball bearings or detnators that could be used to kill our troops, or innocent people. Hope that squashes that!

Oh great!! thanks Josh. Now I'm going to feel guilty every time I put my glen on my head.
I only bought it last year, from an Australian supplier, but he was up front about it being 'not Scottish made' but perfectly good quality. Which it is. Maybe I can tell myself it was made in the Bahamas or something!
jennymac
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jennymac on Thu 30 Jul 2009, 11:07 pm

I almost forgot......have you asked these guys if you can advertise there. http://www.xmarksthescot.com/forum/ Some of the guys on there are .....forward thinkers. Other are just kilt and all things kiltish crazy, or maybe passionate is a better way of putting it.
jennymac
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SkyeHighlandOutfitters on Fri 31 Jul 2009, 1:38 am

Hey Jenny-
I'm well known over at the XMTS forum. They are a little pricey, and we want our web site to be...ahem...100% done (We still have TONS of sporran pics and prices to upload, as well as our custom bagpipe being made by MacLellan (That seems to be taking forever...). Anyway, once those are done, then we start shelling out to advertise on these sites. A little attention through word of mouth and a forum here or there is OK at the moment.....BUT thanks for the heads up-You rock!

About my comment on Pakistan......I almost feel that I'm being really....I don't know...a delusional, right wing, ultra nationalist, hot-head. BUT-I won't go into details, but I saw a post on XMTS which was pulled almost immediately, but it really made sense and exposed how something like that could happen (Imagine-One of these suppliers leaves the Mosque after friday prayers and gives a few rupees to some organization out there busking for donations for this cause or that-He may have not knowingly given to some cause that supports radical groups. He may even KNOWINGLY give to these groups somehow.)

Anyway, it made an impression on me and that coupled with the fact that Pakistanis ARE NOT Scottish and have no vested interest in our arts or culture other than making money off a cultural group just does not sit well with me. And now that this is my business, I see first hand how they are literally running quality craftsmen and women out of business. OK-I'm getting started-Maybe I'll start a thread on this elsewhere.

My point is Jenny-Did your Glengarry purchase contribute to terrorism? Its probably safe to say that 99.9% no, its just an opinion I have and I make no judgment on anyone who goes the Pakistani route

SkyeHighlandOutfitters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cboykin1 on Wed 05 Aug 2009, 10:46 pm

Hey guys,
I just got off the BDF where panties are in a wad over whether the term "paki" offends the camel humping, towel headed, chicken shit cowards that inhabit the area around the earth's asshole. I can't believe the way people worry about "offending" someone. Hell, I'm a middle aged, middle to lower class, balding, smoking, pot belly, Gomer Pyle talking, out-of-the-closet bastard. Everything offends me and nobody gives a shit. I'm offended by 25 dollar bagpipes being sold for 100-300 dollars. I'm offended by religious intolerance. I'm offended by the protection of the worst terrorist the world has ever known while our soldiers ride around trying not to get killed or prosecuted for killing the enemy. The "enemy",by the way, happens to look just like every civilian you pass by. I spent some time in the middle east, Saudi and Iraq, and make no mistake, they don't care about our lives or our "feelings". Sorry for the vent guys, It is a pub after all, and hell, I'm drinking. Cheers!

cboykin1

Male Number of posts : 1
Years experience : 1
Clever Quote : shoot forth thunder
Registration date : 2009-07-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top