1998 Gibson Bagpipes $850 USD

View previous topic View next topic Go down

1998 Gibson Bagpipes $850 USD

Post  stever on Tue 01 Sep 2009, 9:00 pm

I am selling my Gibson bagpipes. Iíve had these pipes for 11 years. I am selling because I have another set of pipes and these are sitting idle.

About the pipes:
These were hand picked for me back in í98 by a local PM in Ohio. They are very dark Blackwood- so dark itís hard to see any grain unless they are in direct sunlight. They are completely intact- I think there is one very small chip in a tenor drone top- probably 1/8Ē across Ė other than that the pipes are completely unblemished. Full imitation ivory pipes- and the ivory has been turning to that nice creamy color- not green looking as Iíve seen some imitation ivory turn with age. I competed successfully with these pipes this year solo and Iíve also competed with them in three separate bands. I always got good reviews for full tone. Iíve only had one repair ever- the bass drone stock was just replaced with a new piece- the old ferrule was switched to the new part to match.

The pipes are tied to a small Beggs sheepskin bag with about 9 months on it. Original black heavy silk cords and black bag cover with silver fringe come with the pipes, as well as a set of Ezeedrone reeds. Airtight and ready to play.

PM me for photos.

Price is $850 USD + Shipping/ USA and Canada ONLY please, money order, (or cash if local- So. Cal.).

For those going to Pleasanton this weekend I can bring the pipes with me if needed.

I also have a hard case for these pipes- itís the PM size with the extra compartment on the left side of the interior. Grey ďfurĒ lines with black fabric elastics on the inside of the lid for music etcÖ $50 extra if you are interested in the case.
stever

Male Number of posts : 323
Years experience : 14
Clever Quote : Diligence is the Mother of Good Luck - Benjamin Franklin
Registration date : 2008-03-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1998 Gibson Bagpipes $850 USD

Post  stever on Wed 14 Oct 2009, 11:21 am

SOLD
stever

Male Number of posts : 323